The Avoda Negisha website aims to help people with disabilities become integrated into the workforce. The website includes job listings intended for people with disabilities, information and tools to help them find employment, support for employers wishing to employ people with disabilities, and information for professionals in related fields. The initiative is a collaboration between JDC-Israel, various Israeli government offices and ministries and other non-governmental organizations.
Note: The website is currently only available in Hebrew, but there is a chat option that shows up in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen (look for the speech bubble and the words "שוחח איתנו"), and there is a call center: 03-6013222. If you have trouble understanding the Hebrew on the site, you can chat or call a representative who should then be able to help you in English, put you in touch with someone who can, or let you leave a message for an English-speaker. If you are still having trouble, let us know.
What's on the site?
- Job Listings - The listings are browsable and searchable, users can register and make a profile to have suitable listings forwarded to them, and they can submit applications through the site.
- Tools for Success - Help writing and reviewing resumes, a sample resume to look at, a guide for searching for and finding employment, various training courses and a listing of assistance organizations and professionals.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - Visitors can browse previously asked questions or ask their own.
- Career Magazine - Different articles and postings related to employment and training of people with disabilities.
- Listing of service providers, a calendar of events, and more.
For more information related to individuals with disabilities, check out our All Rights Index (which is searchable and browsable), especially the People with Disabilities Portal and the Employment of People with Disabilities Portal.