All of the information about the Misrad Harishui’s Disabled Parking Placard is available in Hebrew on the Misrad Harishui website. The following is a summary of the major details:
Please note: An individual does not need to receive disability from Bituach Leumi in order to be eligible for a Disabled Parking Placard.
The following individuals are entitled to a disabled parking placard:
- A person who, due to disability in his legs, requires a vehicle for transportation.
- A person with a degree of disability of at least 60%, for whom transportation without a vehicle may cause a deterioration in health.
- A disabled person requiring a wheelchair for mobility.
The degree of disability and health risk is established based on submitted documentation, including a doctor’s letter explaining mobility limitations or risks.
Submitting the Claim
The claim for the Disabled Parking Placard is available on the Misrad Harishui website. To submit a claim online, you must register and create a log-in. (For a Hebrew video tutorial on how to register, click here.
The actual application is a simple one-page form, but it must be accompanied by the following documents:
- A copy of the car registration
- A copy of the applicant’s Teudat Zehut & Sefach (paper insert)
- A doctor’s letter & medical documentation relating specifically to mobility
Please Note: If the individual requesting the parking tag is not the vehicle owner then more documentation is required, such as copies of the owner’s identification establishing immediate family relation, or an affidavit from a lawyer establishing a non-relative’s relationship to the applicant, or other documents for leased or employer vehicles.
If you are applying by mail, it should be sent to:
יחידה לטיפול במוגבלי ניידות
ת.ד. 72 חולון, 58100
It can take up to 90 days to process an application.
- With the proper documentation a parking placard may be issued for multiple vehicles. In this case, one placard will be issued with the identification numbers of each vehicle to which it applies. The placard can then be placed in whichever vehicle is being used by the disabled at the time.
- Individuals with a Disabled Parking Placard are also entitled to a significant discount on the vehicle’s registration fee. In order to receive a refund on a registration fee that has already been paid, one must submit this request along with a blank (unsigned) check from the bank account in which the refund will be deposited directly by the Misrad Harishui.
- There are many additional benefits to having a Disabled Parking Placard besides being able to park in designated parking spots. The full regulations are sent with the placard. It should also be noted that a few years ago the Misrad Harishui redesigned the placard to the size of a credit card, which must be displayed prominently in the front window of the car. Therefore, along with the card, they send a card holder.