All of the Kupot Cholim (health funds) offer home care services to patients who require certain medical services, and have difficulty leaving their home. A full range of medical services are available with home visits such as doctors, nurses, and social workers, PTs, OTs, speech therapists, and more.
Who is Entitled
Home care services are intended for patients who are confined to their homes temporarily or permanently due to their medical/physical condition and are not able to receive services in the kupat cholim branches. For Example:
- Patients with chronic illness.
- Patients returning home after hospitalization.
- Oncology patients.
- The elderly.
- Some patients dealing with a temporary acute issue (for example: a pregnant women with HG who requires fluids, but can not leave her home).
How to Get
A patient can be referred to the Home Care Unit (יחידה לטיפול בית or יחידה להמשך טיפול) by hospital staff, a family doctor, or local social services. Patients can also contact the unit directly to see if they are eligible for home care and arrange treatments. Contact information can be obtained from your local branch secretary or your kupat cholim's information hotline.
Cancer patients may be entitled to additional home care through the Israel Cancer Association. Click here for more information.
For more information, check out some related pages we have translated as part of our collaboration with Kol-Zchut:
- Supportive Care (Rehabilitation, Long-Term Care, Assisted-Living)
- Listing of Home Care Units of Maccabi, Meuhedet and Clalit from the Eshel organization for the Elderly online database (in Hebrew)
- PDF version of the Eshel List