Last Updated on:
August 30, 2022
If you have a referral (hafnaya) for an MRI from your doctor, and are finding it difficult to make an appointment within a reasonable amount of time, you can dramatically cut your wait time by trying the following:
- Keep nudging! Although they may tell you the next appointment isn't for months, you can keep calling regularly to see if a spot opens up. Often times there are cancellations or openings that you won't know about unless you continue to call. Always ask to be added to a waiting list, and really, keep calling.
- Expand your search: The wait times for MRIs in major hospitals or central areas can be months. Smaller clinics in more remote areas often have available appointments with a shorter wait time. Here is a list of many of the MRI Imaging Centers in Israel:
- Rambam Hospital, Haifa. 1-700-505150
- Galilee Medical Center, Nahariya. 04-690-7107
Sharon & Central Israel:
- Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Be'er Yaakov. 08- 954-2111
- Imaging Center, Yavne. 08-9420338
- Medical Center, Bnei Brak. 03-57725333
- Mamography Diagnostic Center, Hadera. 04-6221411
- MRI Imaging Center, Petah Tikva. 03-9376171 or 03-9376172
- Thermomed, Rishon L'tzion. 03-9611124
- Shilo Medical Diagnostic Center, Ramle. 08-9200862
- Tel Aviv Medical Center, MRI Imaging, Tel Aviv. 03-697-4444
- Imaging Insitute, Tel Aviv. 03-5645858
- Diagnostic & Imaging Institute, Tel Aviv. 03-6401222
- Institute for Special Examinations (מרלם), Tel Aviv. 03-6973498
- Keren Alfa Imaging Center, Tel Aviv.
- Medical Diagnostic Center, Kiryat Gat. 08-6602023
- Medical Diagnostic Center, Eilat. 08-6379896
- Sha'arei Tzedek Hospital, MRI Center, Jerusalem. 02-6555313
- Hadassah Ein Kerem, MRI Unit, Jerusalem. 02-6777580 or 02-6777581
3. If you MRI is urgent, a doctor may give you a referral for an emergency MRI. (The referral should either say דחוף - dachuf). If you have an emergency referral, you should make that clear when you are making your appointment. Assuta Hospital in Tel Aviv offers emergency MRI services 24/7 if it is medically necessary with the proper paperwork from a doctor.
Still need help?
Please complete the below form and one of our healthcare advisors will contact you.